Startwrite Features at a Glance
Startwrite has always made teaching easier, with personalized worksheets that engage children in the learning process. Nobody likes busy work. So Startwrite 6 is even more fun to use, with new learning tools, more powerful design options, Spanish language capability, and an endless supply of new resources.
FONTS, FEATURES AND FUN
Startwrite 6 includes lots of features designed to help each child practice strokes and shapes – the building blocks of handwriting. Plus, it's bilingual!
Spice up your worksheets. Robust design tools make editing easier, and put you in control of color, size and graphic elements, from borders to clip art.
- Grid: Grid view helps you to align Text and Art Boxes on the screen, but doesn't show up in the printed version.
- Flowing Text: Lets content flow from one Text Box to another.
- Border Art: Put fun, bright borders around the box, or add a picture associated with the letter or word the child is practicing.
- Area Highlight: Now you can highlight any or all of the three writing areas – bottom, middle, and top-in any color or shade of gray.
- Color everywhere: You can also change the color of almost any element on the page. Green arrows? Red guidelines? Make your worksheets sparkle!
- Choose Handwriting Fonts including Manuscript (similar to Zaner-Bloser™), Manuscript-Simple (similar to Zaner-Bloser™, Simplified), Modern Manuscript (similar to D'Nealian™) and Italic (similar to Getty-Dubay™ or Portland Italic), PLMR (Similar to Palmer™), HWOT Similar to Handwriting Without Tears™), VIC (Victoria - Australia), QLD (Queensland - Australia), NSW (New South Wales - Australia), Clocks Font, Money Font, Math Font 1 and Math Font 2.
- Use Cursive Fonts that correspond to the above-mentioned educational fonts, for the advanced student.
- Expand Font Sizes anywhere from 1/4" to as big as the page.
- Choose Shading of Fonts from Dark to Light for all levels of learners.
- Choose From Four Guide Line Options: Top, Middle, Bottom and Descender. Change any line to solid or dashed and colors to red, black or blue.
- Type dotted, dashed, or solid letters.
- Stroke Arrows for proper letter formation.
- Clip Art Included or import your own JPG or BMP clip art to make pages fun...
- Print Worksheets on Plain Paper from your own printer – no hassle and no expensive special paper needed.
- Print in Landscape or Portrait for your convenience and creativity.
- Custom Lessons are included (or can be downloaded free from Homepage) for quick and easy lesson preparation time.
- Use Startwrite's other Standard Word Processing Functions like cut, copy, paste, new, open, save, print, zoom, etc. for extra ease in preparation.
- Utilize 100,000-Word Spell Checker for accurate worksheet preparation.
- Save Lessons for future use to create your own curriculum in minutes, and save time and effort when repeating lessons.
- Use Spanish and Math Fonts∗ for even more learning potential.
- Create a Variety of Pages like phonics pages, spelling pages, a letter to a friend, scrapbook pages, etc. for more practice and fun while learning handwriting.
- And much more.